The biggest accomplishment this year was saying so-long to my full-time job, and taking up writing as my new full-time (and then some) pursuit. I mostly already talked about stuff I did in 2014 here, at the six-month anniversary of said leap.
Here’s what I’ve got queued up for 2015:
* The novel, duh. As I work on implementing my editor’s suggestions, the manuscript for Blood’s Force has gone from 88K to 131K- since October. Holy crap! And I’m only 2/3 of the way done with the new rewrite. Once this is edited and sanity-checked, I’m publishing! Hopefully earlier in the year rather than later. Ebook first, then I’ll figure out print-on-demand.
* A promotional, free-to-read short story that takes place before the events of Blood’s Force. I had a vague idea in mind, but my editor’s suggestions will help cement something even better into place. This will become my primary task once Blood’s Force is done and published.
* At least one more short story for Retiring The Gods, hopefully two.
* Start outlining and drafting the next Sword and Starship book. In the process, pick up skills and tricks to make eventual ebook conversion easier. (I’m already shuddering over how long it will take to clean up the Blood’s Force manuscript and convert it to pristine HTML. When I first started writing it, I never imagined that HTML might be its final destination.)
* Keep writing monthly articles and screening submissions for The Daily WTF. I may be assuming even more responsibility soon: more articles, and mentoring other writers. Also, more income!
* Keep up with weekly blogging.
* Continue improving my blog and website as much as I can.
* Keep up with other interests- which is hard when I’m trying to cram so much writing in. Drawing, piano, language study, swordfighting, pleasure reading…
* Think about travel. If not going somewhere, at least plan something for 2016. I have the itch, and I’m leaning toward something international: Canada, or Europe. Heck, maybe both! I also have the goal of traveling as frugally as possible.
In another 6 months, I’ll update again on progress and goals. Happy New Year and best of luck to all of you on your endeavors!